Are you the next “Asieris-er “on our team? Consider a career with Asieris Pharmaceutical (USA) Inc. Let’s realize your potential together.
Who You Are
Asieris is a global biopharma company specializing in discovering and developing innovative drugs for the treatment of genitourinary tumors and related diseases. We are currently building a new Discovery Biology team located in the San Francisco Bay Area in USA, which will focus on the discovery of new drug targets and the development of novel therapeutics, especially biologics such as antibody drug conjugates. We are seeking applicants with the following attributes. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
We are seeking an outstanding Principal/Senior Protein Scientist to join our new research team. The level of the position will be commensurate with the qualifications of selected candidate.
• Contribute to defining the biotherapeutic discovery strategy at Asieris, and drive its execution by leading efforts on discovery, engineering and optimization of antibody, ADC and other large molecule therapeutics.
• Implement technical competencies such as protein/antigen expression and purification, antibody discovery and characterization, antibody engineering, protein conjugation, and quality assessments / analytics, to enable project progression.
• Work closely with Chemistry and Biology teams to create workflows and generate reagents required for drug discovery programs. Communicate plans and results proficiently with multiple functional teams and external stakeholders.
• Build and lead a team of protein scientists and biochemists, and help set up laboratory functionality.
• Manage external collaborators and CROs.
• Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, structural biology, molecular biology, analytical chemistry, biophysics or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of postdoc or large molecule drug discovery experience. Candidates with BS or MS degree and extensive industrial experience will be considered as well. Relevant industry experience is highly desirable.
• Exceptional laboratory skills, with demonstrated proficiency in protein or antibody-drug conjugate biochemistry, engineering, production or analytics.
• Hands-on experience and/or up-to-date knowledge on relevant scientific development and technology capabilities.
• Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong record of high-impact publications, patent applications, and/or pipeline accomplishments.
• Strong organizational, communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
This position provides a unique opportunity to join and contribute to a fast-paced team, with a cutting-edge technology platform, and ample opportunity to grow with the company.
Benefits at a Glance:
Asieris provides the following competitive benefits:
• Provides Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Competitive Salary
• Company Paid time off, Sick leave, federal Holidays, Floating holidays
• Retirement savings plan – 401(K) plan/employer contribution
If you have the drive, passion, experience and are excited by this opportunity and ready to take your career to the next level then Apply Today!
Asieris Pharmaceuticals is a global clinical stage pharmaceutical company specializing in discovering new drugs for the treatment of genitourinary cancer and other major diseases, headquartered in Shanghai, China. It was selected to be among the top 30 innovative small molecule drug discovery companies in China in October 2021.
Asieris is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.