Kevin Pan, Ph.D.
Founder, Chairman, CEO
- Over 20 years of successful track record in biotech start-up, drug R&D, and business development. Responsible Person for the two projects supported by China’s 12th and 13th “National 5-Year important Innovations” funding programs; Dual-Innovation Talent of Jiangsu Province
- Founding member of Hutchison Medipharma (Shanghai). Served as Senior Director of Medicinal Chemistry and Executive Director of IP, and contributed to the clinical development of two drugs in the US. Later served as Executive Director of the Business Development department and successfully established strategic partnership with Procter & Gamble, MSD Germany, and Eli Lilly and Company. In 2006, served as core member of the IPO team in successfully raising 40 million pounds in the UK stock market
- Senior Scientist at Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer, with one responsible drug candidate completed Phase II clinical trial in the US
- Ph.D. in bio-organic chemistry from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. BS in chemistry from Fudan University
John Zhuang, Ph.D.
- Over 20 years of drug development and management experience at big pharmas. Expertise in regulatory affairs, nonclinical safety assessment, and GMP compliance. Substantial people and project management experience
- Former Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs at Johnson & Johnson. Led teams in approval or acquisition of multiple drugs and medical devices. Served as Head of Regulatory Affairs and on Management Board of a subsidiary
- Former Project Leader in Nonclinical Safety Assessment at Eli Lilly and Company. Supported multiple INDs of oncology drugs. Former Senior Scientist at Procter and Gamble Company
- Invited speaker by China FDA at multiple symposiums. Topics included nonclinical safety assessment of new drugs, US 505(2) and OTC regulations, drug-device combination product regulations
- PhD in toxicology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). MS in physical chemistry and BS in chemistry from Sun Yat-sen University
Yong Xue, MD, Ph.D.
- Over 20 years experiences in global clinical development and medical affairs in leading pharmaceutical companies and 15 years of experiences in the clinical practice, academic research, clinical development and medical affairs of new drugs for urology and related diseases.
- Served as Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President at Sperogenix Therapeutics; served at Yamanouchi Europe (now is Astellas), and participated in the development and life-cycle management of uro-oncological and non-oncological drugs, such as Harnal (tamsolusin for benigh prostatic hyperplasia, BPH), Vesicare (solifenacin for overactive bladder, OAB);served as Global Clinical Research and Medical Director at Genzyme and Sanofi for 15 years with a wealth of experiences in clinical development, registration and post-marketing clinical research of both biologics and small molecules in Europe, America, Japan and major emerging countries, including China, for both strategic guidance and execution.
- Medical degree from Beijing Medical University (now is Medical and Health Science Centre of Peking University) and a Ph.D. in cell biology from University Medical Centre Nijmegen (UMCN, the Netherlands).
- Residency in urology at Beijing Friendship Hospital, a teaching hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing;research fellow at Department of Urology, Radboud Hospital (UMCN).
- Academic memberships include American Urological Association (AUA), European Association of Urology (EAU). Publications include a book on prostaticembryo development and related diseases, and over 25 papers on peer-reviewed international journals as either the first author, corresponding author, or major contributor.
Susan Wang, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President of Global Business Development
- Nearly 25 years of successful track record in new drug R&D, commercialization, corporate development, and strategic planning
- VP of Commercial Development at Boston Scientific, responsible for commercialization, business and strategic development in the Asia Pacific region including Greater China
- Scientist at ICOS Corporation and contributed to the development of Cialis® for treatment of erectile disfunction. After facilitating the formation of Lilly/ICOS JV, led the clinical pharmacology function to the approval of Cialis® by FDA
- Co-founder of Endocyte (later acquired by Novartis)
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Purdue University, USA. BS in chemistry from Fudan University
Yijun Deng, Ph.D.
Vice President of Drug Discovery
- Over 20 years of experience in the discovery and development of bioactive molecules with pharmaceutical companies in the USA, including Johnson and Johnson, Viropharma Inc, Tetralogic Pharmaceuticals, and Venatorx Pharmaceuticals
- Key member of the team discovered birinapant, a first-in-class IAP antagonist for cancer treatment at Tetralogic Pharmaceuticals
- Extensive experience in Drug Substance and Drug Product Process Development and Manufacturing under GMP. Played a key role in CMC support to the clinical development of birinapant (TL32711), Remetinostat (SHP-141), and a new b-lactamase inhibitor
- Co-author or co-inventor of more than 30 patents and publications
- Ph.D. in chemistry from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio; MS and BS in chemistry from Sun Yat-sen University
Ethan Guo, Ph.D.
Vice President of CMC
- Over 20 years of new drug R&D and management experience. Worked at Merial, Aventis, Sanofi and other pharmaceutical companies；Senior Director of Pharmaceutical Development Services at WuXi AppTec/STA
- Strong experience in new drug developability assessment, analytical and stability studies, pre-formulation, preclinical and clinical formulation development, especially poorly soluble compounds, CMC, CTD preparation, and outsourcing management
- Author of four book chapters and expert reviewer for several international pharmaceutical journals
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from Iowa State University, Postdoc Fellow at Pharmacy School, University of Wisconsin-Madison
VP of Sales and Marketing
- Over a decade of experience in the pharmaceutical industry such as Baxter,Pfizer, with expertise in commercial launch of new product and market development of mature product.
- Served as National Sales and Marketing Director at Pierre Fabre heading up the Oncology Business Unit, SFE and training in China. Successfully driven the rapid growth of oncology business and leading the preparation for the launch of new in China for many years.
- Served as Marketing Director,Regional Manager and Sales Director at Roche for 8 years, participated in the strategy development and execution of Herceptin and Xeloda, and successfully launch the gastric cancer as the new indication of Herceptin in China, experienced in building, motivating and managing high performance marketing teams.
- Major in Clinical Medicine from Shanghai Jiao Tong University with a Bachelor’s Degree; more than 8 years experience as a clinician.